Magic Warming Socks
Magic Warming Socks are my go-to treatment at the first sign of a cough or cold. The benefits of Magic Warming Socks are:
- They help to increase circulation so your white blood cells can get to where they need to be.
- They help to decrease congestion in your sinuses and head
- They are sedating which helps you get that good sleep which is so important for getting though illness
How to do Magic Warming Socks
- Start by making sure you are warm. If you are not, first soak your feet in a warm foot bath or take a hot shower (keep your hair dry)
- Take a pair of cotton socks and run them under cold water to completely soak. (I like to put the socks in a bowl of cold water and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get REALLY cold)
- Wring out the socks so they are damp and not dripping
- Put the cold, damp cotton socks on your feet
- Cover with a pair of dry wool socks
- Go to bed
- Leave the socks on overnight and wake up with dry socks, decreased congestion, and a stimulated immune system
Generally I recommend Magic Warming Socks to be done for 3 nights in a row.
Next Blog Post
As your physician I am taking my responsibility to remain personally healthy and to create a healthy and clean environment for you very seriously.