Magic Warming Socks
Magic Warming Socks are my go-to treatment at the first sign of a cough or cold. The benefits of Magic Warming Socks are:
- They help to increase circulation so your white blood cells can get to where they need to be.
- They help to decrease congestion in your sinuses and head
- They are sedating which helps you get that good sleep which is so important for getting though illness
How to do Magic Warming Socks
- Start by making sure you are warm. If you are not, first soak your feet in a warm foot bath or take a hot shower (keep your hair dry)
- Take a pair of cotton socks and run them under cold water to completely soak. (I like to put the socks in a bowl of cold water and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get REALLY cold)
- Wring out the socks so they are damp and not dripping
- Put the cold, damp cotton socks on your feet
- Cover with a pair of dry wool socks
- Go to bed
- Leave the socks on overnight and wake up with dry socks, decreased congestion, and a stimulated immune system
Generally I recommend Magic Warming Socks to be done for 3 nights in a row.
Next Blog Post
The days have shortened, and we’ve had our first snow. Cough and Cold season has started and flu season will not be far behind. What can you do to keep yourself healthy?